Wednesday, May 29, 2013

End of Year Reflection



Independent Film Research
My strengths in approaching the research were using the resources provided to me and available this included several websites recommended and offered to the class. When doing assignments such as the Research Script, I felt that I needed more training in the knowledge of the focuses.I have a general knowledge of some of the main focuses, but others I had to research. Many of the times I was not sure what I was suppose to be looking for even after I had picked my focus, so more writing and comprehension with these focuses in film would have helped me a lot when writing the main research script.

Oral Presentation Experience
My strengths in approaching the oral presentation in the class was defiantly having clear and accurate knowledge of the the criteria in which we were studying. Studying the many of the aspect before hand in the film had made the process of the oral presentation go by quite easy. Making a outline was one of the main works that had helped me on the oral presentation, it had provided a organization of all my analysis and it made be able to through my presentation more fluidly. Some of the areas that I still need to work on in my preparation for this assessment would be practicing my presentation, I did a couple run throughs, but I feel like this was not enough, my overall presentation could have been more clear and understandable if I would have practiced more. Lastly I felt like their was enough support and training involved in the oral presentation, I understood everything and directions were clear and precise.

Production Experience 
This semester as well as the whole year I accomplished the role of cinematographer. This semester I tried to learn from films and other works of cinematographer to perfect mine. I was able to look at other films and try to incorporate their artistic achievements into my films and learn from it. Areas that I feel we still need to work on in our production is clarity,throughout our films this year there has always been some confusion, better planning in preproduction might prevent puzzling the audience,such as in Her Decision when it was never announced in one of the scenes that the baby was suppose to be her boyfriend's cousin, so many viewers believed this was her baby.More film watching would help in creative process in building two collum script

1 comment:

  1. Great work this year. You've improved soooo much from Freshman year! You should be proud of your work for sure! Can't wait for next year!

    ReplyDelete